Miss Maddie starts the 3 year old program yesterday at St. George's Kindergarten, which is where I went to preschool. St. George's is in a area that was devastated by the flood, and they worked hard all summer to get it reopened on time. The school looks great; she even has a touch screen computer in her classroom! She went to St. George's last year one day a week to the Mother's Day Out, but this is her first year to be in the Kindergarten side of it. We went on Tuesday to meet her teachers: Mrs. McMurtrie and Mrs. Hill. They are both so sweet, and I know Miss Maddie will be well loved this year.
Here she is on our front porch before we left for school.
She had a great day and lots of fun playing with new friends. Although I think she mainly played with the one little boy Ethan that was in her class last year. We stopped by Donut Den on the way home (I was hoping for a cupcake from Bread and Company, but she is her daddy's child and wanted Donut Den), and as we talked about her day, the one question she asked me was "How come I have to keep my shoes on there?" She had worn her jellies to school, but I had put her tennis shoes in her bag. Her teacher told me about 10 minutes after I left, she changed shoes, but my guess is she was trying to take her shoes off. She is definitely not a shoes girl; she would much prefer to walk around bare foot like her daddy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment