Seeing as our plans for the week have been canceled, it means I have had time to catch up on all my friends blogs. And I have really loved clicking on their favorite blogs and seeing what is going on with girls I haven't seen since Auburn, so I have decided to make our blog public now, so no more logging in to view it! And I figured I would fill everyone in on what we have been doing this spring (and part of the reason I haven't had time to post).
The battle has begun..Maddie has started wanting to pick out her own clothes. I knew we would cross this bridge at some point, but just thought I would have a few more years. Depending on the day and what we have going on, I let her choose and here are the results (polka dotted dress, leggings, frog sweater, and flip flops)
Tee house-sat (no idea if that's how you spell that) for a family that raises their own chickens, so we went over with him to help him feed them one afternoon. Maddie loved it!
So many pictures of Maddie, figured I needed to include one of my sweet baby:
Easter Morning
(The Easter Bunny did visit Maddie, she had just already scattered everything across the floor)
Emalyn was baptized the next weekend.
We went to Atlanta for a baby shower for our sweet friends the Cahills the weekend after that.There were three other couples we were really close to in Atlanta, and the Cahills round it up: everyone now have babies (with Baby Cahill due in June). It was so fun seeing them, and we are so excited for Katy and Paul!
Ashley, Mary Catherine, Katy, Me, and Ann (our Bible Study leader)
On the way into Atlanta, we got to stop and see the Boney's and their new baby Bradford. Anna was an ADPi with me at Auburn, and Bradford was in Senate with Chris. They lived in the same apartment complex as we did right after we got married.
And then we got back and Miss Emalyn stopped sleeping through the night. A little bit of rice cereal and the girl was set! Here are the before and after pictures of her first solid food.
And the next week....The Flood!!
You can see how high the water got up by the water line on the wall of the garage door. This was what it looked like Monday morning, when we began the clean-up process.
My extra refrigerator floating and things stacked up everywhere!
We go to a really small church, but last year there were 7 babies born into the congregation. These sweet families have been so welcoming to us. Sadly, the Paynes are being relocated to Jackson, Mississippi for a new job.We will miss seeing them and watching little Anderson grow up.
Ella & Anderson Payne, Becca & Camille Taylor, Me w/ Emalyn & Maddie (of course she couldn't miss being in the picture), Clara & Eden Soundara, Cheryl &Violet McTyre
(Ha...I just realized looking back through this it looks like I don't own any other outfits. The three times I have worn this outfit happen to all be captured in this entry)
With a little time in there to celebrate Alena's 3rd Birthday. As Maddie says, "we are both friendses."
And finally a low-key weekend at home last weekend:
Maddie getting ready to take her baby on a walk. She actually made it all the way down our street and the street behind us, before she was ready to get in the stroller.
Another milestone: Maddie first haircut!
We went to Diva and Dudes in Cool Springs. She definitely thought she was a princess...sparkle hairspray and all!
Well at least I have caught up on the blog for now. Goal for this afternoon: catch up on my thank-you notes and maybe even get the last few birth announcements mailed out (yes, Emalyn is now 4 months old and I haven't gotten them all mailed out!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment